Corporate Social Responsibility
At Restore plc we aim for high standards in everything we do. Whether it’s in the services we provide, the way in which we provide them, contributions we make to our local communities and the environment or encouraging our staff to do the same, we take our responsibilities seriously.
By storing documents in remote premises, we are helping our customers make more efficient use of premium office space or public service facilities. Shredding helps our customers recycle more paper (80,000 tonnes recycled in 2017) and reduce their carbon footprint, while our scanning business improves public access to important documents, creates efficient processes for information based public services and also allows more efficient use of office space. We also help our customers safely and securely recycle IT equipment, IT consumables, office furniture and equipment or offer it for charitable re-use or re-sale.
Our Document Management division works with:
- The Carbon Trust to implement practices to reduce our environmental impact in areas such as energy consumption, optimum vehicle fleet operation and use of unbleached recycled material storage containers
- The Woodland Trust’s corporate partnership programme
- Surrey Care Trust, donating 1p for every storage container that our customers purchase. Surrey Care Trust Charity Day.
- The Willow Foundation
Our corporate responsibility brochure
Our Relocation division
- holds The Planet Mark sustainability certification provided by Planet First in partnership with the Eden Project. As part of our certification, we support the Eden Project Education programme which aims to develop educational materials and workshops for school children and young people
- provides a full range of environmental services under our Refresh initiative for the recycling, reuse, donation and resale of redundant furniture, IT and related office equipment which each year provides over 701 metric tonnes of No Longer Needed assets to charities, schools, community and voluntary groups and start-up businesses.
Expansion of the Group gives us the ability to create new jobs within the local communities in which we are based and allows us to offer apprenticeships in a variety of areas within the Group.
For more information on our CSR initiatives please refer to our latest annual report.